Official Contest Rules
BC Tree Fruits Summer Staples Contest (the "Contest")
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA IN THE PROVINCES OF SASKATCHEWAN, ALBERTA & BRITISH COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. SEE RULE 2 BELOW.
1. Contest Sponsor: BC Tree Fruits Cooperative (the "Contest Sponsor"), 1473 Water Street, Kelowna, British Columbia, V1Y 1J6.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to residents of Canada in the provinces of Saskatchewan, Alberta & British Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, except employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Sponsor, its affiliates and their respective advertising and marketing agencies, Contest administrators, judges and persons domiciled with any of the above. The Collector is the individual in whose name the Collector Number has been established or, in the case of a Business Collector, the principal associated with the Business Collector Number, as determined by the Contest Sponsor. Canadian residence will be determined by the postal code associated with the contest entry. Online access and an email account is required to participate in this Contest. Many public libraries, retail businesses and others offer free access to computers and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
3. Agreement to Official Contest Rules: By participating in the Contest, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsor and its Contest administrators and judges, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
4. Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. on July 8, 2019 and ends 11:59 p.m. on August 4, 2019 (the "Contest Period"). All times refer to Pacific Standard Time ("PST") throughout the Contest.
5. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. During the Contest Period, an eligible person may enter the Contest by filling out the entry form on the contest website, www.summerstaples.ca.
Entries may, throughout the Contest and thereafter, be distributed, used, reproduced, exhibited, and/or displayed by the Contest Sponsor, which rights are granted by an entrant to the Contest Sponsor upon entry, all without notice or compensation to entrant.
6. Prize: There will be a total of one (1) prize package (the "Prize") available to be won in this Contest.
"Winner" will be selected by random draw of eligible entries received during the Contest Period by the Contest Sponsor.
The Prize consists of the following elements:
- Two tickets to the Canadian Football Championship game in Calgary, AB (the “Game”) on Sunday, November 24, 2019. (Approximate retail value of the individual tickets ranges between $119 and $419 CDN; however, in no event will the maximum actual retail value of the combined tickets exceed $1,000 CDN);
- Two (2) nights hotel accommodation in a Downtown Calgary hotel (exact location to be confirmed closer to the Game;
- $250 CDN spending money (exact delivery of money TBD, will be either cash or equivalent credit card gift cards
- Two (2) pieces of Memorabilia;
- Other activities related to the Game (examples include specific team parties, etc, - will be finalized closer to the Game;
- Two (2) $500 Travel Vouchers (refer to restriction x.).
- The total approximate retail value of the Prize is $2,500 CDN. Any difference between the stated value and actual value will not be awarded
The Prize is subject to certain restrictions:
- the confirmed Winner’s guest must be a Canadian resident who is 18 years of age or older at the time of Winner selection;
- the Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable and/or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion);
- if the confirmed Winner and/or his/her guest do not utilize any part(s) of the Prize, then any such part(s) not utilized may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be forfeited in their entirety and, if forfeited, nothing will be substituted in their place;
- the Contest Sponsor reserves the right at any time to: (a) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Prize or any component thereof; and (b) substitute the Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or prize component(s) of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion, a cash award;
- the Winner and his/her guest must comply with all additional terms and conditions, if any, set out on the Travel Voucher and the tickets to the Game, and Contest Sponsor shall not be responsible in any way for Winner and/or his/her guest’s failure to comply with such terms and conditions, including the repercussions or costs, if any, incurred as a result of such failure to comply;
- by accepting the Prize, the confirmed Winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Contest Sponsor relating to his/her participation in the Prize or if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part;
- the Contest Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets;
- the confirmed Winner and his/her guest acknowledge and accept all risk of damages, injury or other loss incidental to the Game for which the tickets are issued, whether occurring before, during or after the Game, and hereby voluntarily agree to assume the same. Contest Sponsor and the concert production company reserve the right to refuse admission and/or to expel from the Game and/or any other aspect of the Prize, any person whose conduct is deemed by them to be objectionable. Expulsion from the Game cancels the tickets for the offending individual(s) and the individual(s) thereupon forfeit(s) all claims with respect to the tickets;
- all characteristics and features of the Prize (and of each Prize element), except as otherwise explicitly stated above, are at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion;
- the Contest Sponsor shall not be responsible for the cost of travel to or from the Game for Winner or their guest, or any expenses or incidental costs related thereto, except for the provision Travel Voucher. The Travel Voucher will only be awarded to the Winner if they reside outside the greater Calgary area at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion;
- the Contest Sponsor and Prize Providers will in no way be responsible or liable in the event that any part of the Prize is delayed, cancelled, postponed or rescheduled for any reason whatsoever.
7. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
8. Winner Selection: A random drawing for the Prize will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, August 6, 2019 in Kelowna, British Columbia from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period, by the Contest Sponsor whose decisions will be final and binding. In order to be declared a Winner, the selected entrant must be a Canadian citizen who is at least 18 years of age or older and must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at a pre-arranged time by telephone and otherwise comply with these Official Contest Rules. The Contest Sponsor or its representatives will make reasonable attempts to contact the selected entrant at the e-mail address and/or telephone number(s) recorded in respect of his/her Collector Number and/or indicated on the e-mail entry, as the case may be. If a selected entrant cannot be directly contacted or has not personally responded within two (2) days of the date when contact was first attempted, is not eligible in accordance with these Official Contest Rules, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question or does not otherwise comply with these Official Contest Rules, then the selected entrant is disqualified and will not receive the Prize and another entrant may be selected. A selected entrant must sign and return to the Contest Sponsor a Release Form in form satisfactory to Contest Sponsor, which includes a standard declaration of compliance with the Official Contest Rules and release of Contest Sponsor and their affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and its shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability in connection with the Prizes or the Contest in form satisfactory to Contest Sponsor in order to be awarded the Prize. Failure to sign and return the Release Form will result in forfeiture of the Prize and selection of another entrant. The guest of the Prize Winner must also sign a release to participate in the Prize. The Prize will be delivered to the confirmed Winner on the dates and times prescribed in Section 6 after the random drawing.
9. General: The Contest Sponsor and Prize Providers reserve the right to use any winner’s name, city of residence, comments, likeness, photograph, voice and statements without further compensation, in connection with any advertising and publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor in relation to the Contest, in any media throughout the world in perpetuity. The first name or initials and city name of Winners may be posted on www.bctreefruits.com. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any human, technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, or lost or unavailable network connections or garbled or deleted computer network transmissions, or failed, incomplete, garbled, misdirected or lost entries or inaccurate capture of entry information, even if it limits the ability to participate in the Contest. Any entry that occurs after a system failure is deemed a defective entry and is void and will not be honored. The Contest Sponsor and Prize Providers are not responsible for any injury or damage to persons (including the winner and guest) or property arising from the Contest or the Prize, or which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from accessing or transmitting any material from the Website regardless of whether the material was prepared by the Contest Sponsor or a third party or is connected to the Website by hyperlink. All entries must be received during the Contest Period. All entries and prize claims are subject to verification by the Contest Sponsor and will be void if not obtained by legitimate channels, or if not original, or if obtained other than in compliance with these Official Contest Rules. The Contest Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its verification process. Proof of sending any portion of an entry or claim is not proof of receipt. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned.
Online entries must be made only by the original, manual keystrokes of the individual entrant. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Contest Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Contest Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Contest Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a draw from all previously received eligible Entries. The Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest.
The Contest is subject to all applicable laws.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER.
Back to Homepage